Eight Halloween Safety Tips for Kids
Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I love dressing up, and going trick or treating with the kids. I also love decorating the home with cobwebs, spiders and tombstones!
Halloween is awesome, but going out after dark with little ones can be a stressful experience, especially this year. so here are seven tips to keep the kids safe while out and about
Organizing Tips for When the Tricks and Treats are Over
1. Store your decorations in storage containers that are easily identifiable by color or by large easy-to-read labels so that you don’t waste time shuffling boxes around trying to find your holiday decorations. Plastic storage bins are the best. Boxes attract bugs and mold.
2. Create a content list for each bin. Place the content list inside the box on top of the contents. This will help you find the exact item you need in the future. The content list will also help you pack items away next year because you’ll know exactly which box they’ll fit in.
3. Place fabric or paper items in resealable plastic bags. This helps protect the item from bugs and moisture.
4. Label each resealable bag with the contents. I label each plastic bag with the contents so that I know which decorations go where when I pack away the decorations.
5. Place smaller items inside of larger items. I always place smaller items inside larger items so that I can pack more into each box. This also helps secure the items so that they won’t rattle around as much.
Happy Halloween! Enjoy the spookiness!
Annie Kilbride is the CEO of Life Simplified, LLC a professional organizing business.